Musical sensation Anything Goes is back by popular demand this summer! Anything Goes the musical tickets are the ultimate gift for every lover of classic, glamorous West End theatre. Anything Goes tickets will transport you back to a golden age of tap-dancing sailors, witty lyrics and gorgeous Cole Porter melodies. Perhaps you’re looking for De-Lovely Anything Goes theatre tickets for a first class trip aboard this multi Tony Award winning Broadway musical? Or maybe you just want to wave bon voyage to the lockdown blues with a night of sheer musical escapism! Either way, you’ll find your perfect tickets for Anything Goes in London on sale now. We’ve got great seats at all prices and you can even check out the best seat reviews on our interactive seat map.
Anything Goes aboard this sparkling, witty, romantic romp on the high seas!
What’s Anything Goes about?
All aboard for this saucy, splendid slice of Cole Porter & P.G. Wodehouse’s ‘pure escapism on the high seas’, Anything Goes. Featuring a fabulous, solid gold score of musical theatre’s biggest hits, including ‘I Get A Kick Out of You’ and ‘Anything Goes’, it’s everything you want a Broadway musical to be and more!
It's Bon Voyage to New York City on the S.S American, as two unlikely pairs of lovers set sail across the Atlantic. But love is about to enter choppy waters in the greatest sea-born farce of the past century: Tap dancing sailors, comic disguises, handsome stowaways and escaped criminals collide in a tale of high jinx, double-entendres and big-budget dance numbers that will leave you floating on air!
Multi-award-winner Kerry Ellis (Wicked/We Will Rock You) will star as Reno Sweeney and Olivier Award Winner Denis Lawson (Bleak House/Star Wars) as Moonface Martin. Joining them is Olivier Award Winner Simon Callow (Christmas Carol/Midsomer Murders) as Elisha Whitney and Musical Theatre Royalty Bonnie Langford (EastEnders/9 to 5) as Evangeline Harcourt.
Anything Goes songs
Several Cole Porter classics have made their way into the original 1930s score since the show first opened on Broadway. Today, you’ll be tapping along to Porter smash hits like I Get a Kick Out of You, You’d Be So Easy To Love, You’re The Top, It’s De-Lovely, Anything Goes, Blow Gabriel Blow, All Through The Night, and Friendship.
Anything Goes awards
Across its many productions, this classic Broadway musical has been nominated for a staggering 18 Tony Awards, winning six times. In 2002, the National Theatre revival won the Olivier Award for Outstanding Musical Revival and in 2012, Anything Goes was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Show Album. Winner of multiple Drama Desk Awards, Outer Circle Critics Awards, Anything Goes is one of the most decorated shows in the history of Musical Theatre.
Anything Goes – five fabulous facts
You won’t find any spoilers here – just five fascinating facts about the show and its composer:
1. Anything Goes was the fourth longest-running show of the 1930s on Broadway. The top was a review called Hellzapoppin’ – but you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who’s head of that in 2021! The average ticket price was around $3.30.
2. Anything Goes was originally going to be about a shipwreck but the plot was hurriedly changed following a real-life disaster when the SS Morro Castle caught fire, killing 138 passengers.
3. Reno Sweeney has been played by some of the biggest names in musical theatre, including Elaine Paige, Patti Lupone, Sutton Foster, Sally Ann Triplett, Rachel York and Ethel Merman.
4. Cole Porter spent four happy years studying English and Music at Yale University. Then, to keep his grandfather happy, he began studying Law at Harvard...but secretly switched to study music there too!
5. Cole Porter’s life was as colourful as the characters in his musicals – he married Linda Lee Thomas, a rich divorcee in 1919, and they enjoyed a long happy marriage. This public façade of respectability enabled Porter to keep his homosexuality under wraps…although his wife seemed perfectly happy about it and their parties were rather exotic!
What critics said about Anything Goes
“Cole Porter songs and tap-dancing sailors. What’s not to love?” The Hollywood Reporter
“Exudes the effervescence of a freshly poured gin fizz.” The New York Times
Anything Goes news
Musical Theatre Prisoners: 10 greatest EVER escapes 22 February, 2021
YOUR TOP TEN Musical Theatre Overtures EVER! 30 December, 2016
Fri 15 July – Sat 3 September 2022
Additional Details & FAQ
For Access bookings and enquiries please call the venues box office
How Does It Work
The appearance of any member of cast is subject to change and may be affected by contracts, holiday, illness, or events beyond the producers' control.
1. If you test positive for COVID-19, display symptoms, or are asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace you can exchange your tickets.
2. If the show is cancelled due to COVID-19 or any other reason, you will be offered a free exchange or refund.
3. If the show is going ahead and you are able to attend, there will be no exchange or refund available.
Where Do I Go
Sep 6, 2022
What an incredible show. If it were still running I would book another ticket. A real toe tapper and great fun.
Sep 3, 2022
Best night out ever!
Sep 2, 2022
What a way to get back to live ‘West End’ musical theatre! Excellent music, singing and dancing, all delivered with great humour. The whole cast deserve a big pat on the back.