Kensington Palace Admissions
Kensington Palace unveils a palace of secret stories and public lives. Arrive through stunning landscaped gardens and be greeted by a statue of one of Kensington Palace’s most famous residents, Queen Victoria. Walk in the footsteps of Kings and Queens as you venture through the elegant state apartments. Filled with stories of two royal courts; the Stuarts and the Hanoverians, step back in time as you discover what you would have worn, how you would have had to behave and how to navigate the heady atmosphere of court at Kensington Palace.
Venture through the childhood rooms of Queen Victoria in our Victoria: A Royal Childhood permanent exhibition and discover the princess’s education, family life, friendships and bitter struggles during her life under the strict “Kensington System”.
Life Through A Royal Lens: Included in palace admission, this exciting exhibition explores the British Royal Family’s enduring relationship with the camera; from Queen Victoria and Prince Albert’s patronage of photography during its infancy right up to the present day. Also on display will be never-before-seen images of the Royal Family taken by Royal Family members themselves, including the work of celebrated photographer and former resident of the Palace, Lord Snowdon, husband of Princess Margaret. This exhibition will run from 4 March – 30 October 2022.
Palace Gardens – the beautiful gardens connect the palace with the landscape of the wider Kensington Gardens providing picturesque vistas. You will also be able to see the beautiful sunken garden, one of Princess Diana’s favourite spots and where her commemorative statue is now situated.
For Group Bookings including timed admission to the 'Picture this! Life through a Royal Lens' exhibition click here
Children under 5 years of age go free.
Good To Know
Tickets are only valid for the date and time selected and are non-transferrable (note: admission to the palace is with a single use ticket, and re-entry is not permitted).
Same day tickets are only available in person, please check dates and times carefully before selecting, as tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded once purchased.
Ticket collection on site is not available for Kensington Palace.
Opening on 15 May 2020, Kensington Palace will reveal a new exhibition exploring the British Royal Family’s enduring relationship with the camera. Included in palace admission.
Kensington Palace, Kensington Gardens, London W8 4PX
Additional Details & FAQ
Entrance to Kensington Palace.
- Victoria: Woman and Crown Exhibition - Meet the real women behind the public monarch
- Fashion Rules - A nostalgic look back at recent fashion through HM The Queen, Princess Margaret and Diana, Princess of Wales
- Victoria Revealed - Explore Queen Victoria's long and extraordinary life - in her own words.
- The Queen's State Apartments - Explore these cosy, private rooms that were once used by Queen Mary II for relaxation.
- The Palace Gardens - An intimate, tranquil and secluded oasis
- The King’s Staircase - Can you spot the artist William Kent in his own depiction of George I's court?
- The King's State Apartments - Explore these sumptuous set of rooms, each grander than the last.
- The King's Gallery - Gallery designed by William Kent to contain the cream of the Royal Collection
How Does It Work
You will receive a confirmation email with your voucher attached. Please show your voucher on your phone, or print this ticket, to gain entry to the event. The voucher will be checked and/or scanned upon entry.
Suitable For Children
Yes - Child (under 16)
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
No refunds available after purchase.
Where Do I Go
Kensington Palace Gardens, Kensington, London W8 4PU