Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, a new play by Jack Thorne received its world premiere in London’s West End at the Palace Theatre in summer 2016.
The critically acclaimed production is most awarded West End play in the history of the Olivier Awards, winning a record-breaking nine awards including Best New Play and Best Director in 2017.
Written by BAFTA, Tony and Olivier award-winner Jack Thorne and directed by Olivier and Tony award winner John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage, bringing together some of the most exciting talent working in the theatre today.
It was always difficult being Harry Potter and it isn’t much easier now that he is an overworked employee of the Ministry of Magic, a husband and father of three school-age children.
While Harry grapples with a past that refuses to stay where it belongs, his youngest son Albus must struggle with the weight of a family legacy he never wanted. As past and present fuse ominously, both father and son learn the uncomfortable truth: sometimes, darkness comes from unexpected places.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child reviews
Had a fantastic time. My grandson aged 12 also enjoyed talked about it all the way home. Will recomend it to everyone, and would go once again.
For access information please contact by email: email@example.com or phone on 0330 333 4815
113 Shaftesbury Ave, Soho, London W1D 5AY
1. If you test positive for COVID-19, display symptoms, or are asked to isolate by NHS Test and Trace you can exchange your tickets.
2. If the show is cancelled due to COVID-19 or any other reason, you will be offered a free exchange or refund.
3. If the show is going ahead and you are able to attend, there will be no exchange or refund available.
Friday 10 December 2021 masks will once again be a mandatory requirement in our theatres (over 11 years of age), except when eating or drinking or if customers are exempt.
Also, for a limited period, and subject to regular review:
From Monday 13 December 2021 Covid-Passes will need to be presented as a condition of entry to our theatres. Therefore, if customers are 18 years of age or older, they will need to provide any of the following documentation for entry to the theatre;
NHS COVID Pass on a smart device
NHS COVID Pass letter
Fully completed vaccination card
International equivalents will be accepted
Proof of a negative rapid lateral flow test within the last 48 hours (via text or email).
Proof of a negative PCR test within the last 48 hours (via text or email).
You can find out more information regarding the NHS Covid Pass here.
Part One, 2hrs 40mins including one interval
Part Two, 2hrs 40mins including one interval
Good To Know
Saturday 7th May & Saturday 5th November 2022 Captioned Performance Part 1 2pm Part 2 7pm
Saturday 17th September 2022 BSL-Signed performance.
Saturday 24th September 2022 Audio Described performance.
Wednesday 27th July 2022 Relaxed performance.
How Does It Work
Online Check-in will be required for this event
To assist with test and trace the venue are introducing an airline-style check-in.
- 48 hours before your performance you will receive a pre-visit email with a check-in link from Nimax Theatres
- You will be required to confirm that members of your party do not have Covid-19 symptoms - if you cannot confirm this you will be given details on how to exchange (this must be completed no later than 10am on the morning of your performance).
- Email address - this will be used to communicate pre-show procedures to you, assist with test and trace and provide e-tickets on completion of check-in.
- The venue will only accept E-ticket for admittance
- Nimax Theatres will provide you with a contactless e-tickets upon completion of “check-in”.
Seat Selection Info
Prices displayed are per person, per performance.
You will be charged for 2 performances per person (part one and part two)
Suitable For Children
Age recommendation 10+
Where Do I Go
Palace Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 5AY
- Nearest underground station is Leicester Square (Northern and Piccadilly lines)
- Bus Routes 29, 24, 176